To: TEAM-IFPTE Local 161 Members
From: TEAM Office
Date: February 18, 2021
Re: New and Noteworthy
- Job Reductions: Further to Bell’s February 1st announcement to implement more job reductions in Manitoba, we would like to remind members who are considering applying for the current EVRTIP package, that the deadline to apply is 4:00 pm, March 2nd. To assist TEAM in tracking and monitoring the progress of this voluntary departure program, please provide the following information (if applicable and you haven’t already done so):
Members in targeted positions: If you are in a targeted position, please click here and provide your name, position title, and if you intend to apply for the EVRTIP or not, or are currently undecided.
Members not in targeted positions: If you are not in a targeted position, but intend to apply for the EVRTIP, please click here and provide your name, position title, and VP group.
- Take-a-Break Gift Cards and Voting Package on Proposed Revisions to the Constitution and Bylaws: We’ve received some questions on when members can expect to receive their $20 Take-a-Break gift card as well as the voting package on the revised constitution and bylaws. To save on postage costs, the two items will be sent together to members’ homes. We are still awaiting the arrival of some of the gift cards. Once we receive them all, hopefully within the next couple of weeks, the packages will be mailed out. Members who may be departing the Company before the packages are mailed will still be sent a gift card.
- TEAM Financial/Retirement Planning Seminars: We’ve had a great response from members interested in attending the current slate of webinars being offered. It’s not too late to let us know, using the links from the previous memo, if you’d like to attend any of the remaining sessions. For members interested in learning more about some of the DB pension payout options, Darryl will touch on this topic in Session C, Pension or Lump Sum? (Wed, Feb 24th). We are also considering holding a more in-depth session on DB pension planning and options as well as a session geared for members in the DC pension plan. To gauge members’ interest in webinars on these topics, we ask you to please click on the appropriate link below to indicate your interest:
I would be interested in attending a webinar on DB pension planning and options.
I would be interested in attending a webinar on DC pension planning and options.
- Pay Increase: Per the TEAM Collective Agreement, effective February 20th all TEAM members’ pay will be increased by 1.5%. As we have not been advised of any delays in processing the increase, we expect it to appear on the March 5th pay. We will provide an update if this changes.
- AIP Results: If you have concerns about your AIP result based on your PMP assessment, please contact the TEAM office, or TEAM’s Labour Relations Officer, Alyssa Hung, as soon as possible to discuss options to address your concerns.
- Scholarship Opportunity for TEAM Members’ Children Graduating High School in 2021: Through TEAM’s affiliation with the Winnipeg Labour Council, we’ve been made aware of a $1000 scholarship opportunity offered by the Union of National Employees (UNE), open to all union members’ children graduating high school in 2021. Here are links to the criteria and application form. Applications must be received by March 31st.
- Update on Claiming Expenses for Working from Home due to COVID-19: As an update to previous memo items on the CRA’s simplified process for claiming expenses for working from home due to COVID-19, we have received confirmation from Bell that an automated solution to streamline filing of the required forms is to be introduced in late February and a new section is being launched in Bellnet where employees can find detailed information on claiming these expenses.
TEAM-IFPTE Local 161
204-984-9470 or 1-877-984-9470
Connect with us on Linkedin
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter