To: TEAM-IFPTE Local 161 Members
Date: June 28, 2010
Re: Negotiations Update – Conciliation Report
We met with the Conciliator and the Company June 21st - June 23rd. With encouragement from the Conciliator, both TEAM and the Company exchanged comprehensive packages.
The Company’s package includes:
- Base Pay Increase:
Note: Neither package was presented as a final position.
- Variable Pay Plans increased by 1% in 2011. Increase not paid out until 2012.
- PLDs reduced to zero.
- Overtime reduced to time and a half across the board.
- The Graduate pay schedule improvements were withdrawn.
- VRIP amounts reduced to be the same as severance amounts.
Our package includes:
- A 2%, 2.5% and 3% base pay increase proposal that the Company acknowledges as not unreasonable.
- An increase in the Company’s contribution to the Blue Cross Health Plans.
- The right to appeal a PP&R as Variable Pay is now linked to performance.
- Proposals to address excessive workloads, unpaid overtime, maintaining future earned pension benefit, and expedited problem resolution.
The Conciliators’ next available meeting dates are August 4, 5, and 6, and August 17, 18, and 19. We have advised the Conciliator that we are willing to meet on all of those dates.
The Negotiating Committee is currently reviewing everything that is on the table and talking to other unions who have been or will be negotiating with the Company.
We ask for your continued support to show the Company that a healthy work/life balance really does matter and that PLDs, overtime, and pension benefits are very important and worth fighting for.
On behalf of the TEAM Negotiating Committee
TEAM-IFPTE Local 161
Tel (204) 984-9470 or 1-877-984-9470
Fax: (204) 231-2809