To: TEAM-IFPTE Local 161 Members
From: TEAM Office
Date: November 21, 2019
Re: New and Noteworthy
- TEAM Board: The Election Committee is pleased to announce TEAM-IFPTE Local 161’s new Board (no competition was necessary):
President Misty Hughes-Newman
Vice-President Mike Taylor
Treasurer Tobias Theobald
Board Members: David Eyjolfson
- Pay Increase: TEAM has received confirmation from Bell that the pay increase and retroactive pay will be in our November 29th.
- October 2019 Downsizing: The voluntary retirement incentive program was aimed at reducing the jobs in TEAM’s jurisdiction by up to 22 positions. The results are as follows:
- Twenty-two members’ applications for the EVRTIP were approved:
- Thirteen from targeted positions.
- Nine from non-targeted positions.
- Twenty-five other members applied but were not approved.
- Ten members were or will be redeployed.
- No members were laid off.
- MFL Women’s Memorial Lunch: TEAM has a limited number of tickets available on a first come, first served basis, for the Manitoba Federation of Labour Women’s Memorial Lunch:
11:30 am Friday, December 6, 2019
Union Centre Auditorium
275 Broadway, Winnipeg
If you would like to attend click here.
- Saskatoon Middle Managers Join the IFPTE: In late October, members of the Saskatoon Civic Middle Management Association voted to affiliate with the IFPTE, becoming SCEMMA-IFPTE Local 222. SCEMMA represents 350 professional and technical employees of the City of Saskatoon. SCEMMA is the first IFPTE Local within the province of Saskatchewan.
- Holiday Charity Collection: In the run up to the holidays we are once again reaching out to members for gifts and items for two great causes; the Children’s Hospital Foundation Holiday Wish List, and TEAM’s Santa Paws:
- The Children’s Hospital Foundation is looking for new, unwrapped gifts that the hospital can give to their young patients. The greatest overall needs are gift cards, teen gifts, toys, infant rattles and board books. Click to see their Wish List.
- TEAM’s Santa Paws is collecting for a number of animal causes around Winnipeg who provide help and rescue shelters to care for cats, dogs, and other pets through the winter months. Click for more details.
Call Kelly at 204-984-9470 if you have items you wish to donate, or send her an email to arrange pickup, or you can drop them off at the TEAM office. If you would like to collect the gifts for your area, that would be a great help.
Your contributions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
TEAM-IFPTE Local 161
204-984-9470 or 1-877-984-9470