To: TEAM-IFPTE Local 161 Members
From: TEAM Office
Date: March 2, 2018
Re: New and Noteworthy
Pay Increase: Today you will see a 2% increase in your pay, it took effect on February 20th. This is the third and last negotiated increase in our current Collective Agreement. The next round of negotiations will commence late 2018 or early 2019. The beauty of an increase on our base pay is that it increases many other aspects of our compensation and benefits, including:
- Whether in the DB or DC pension plan, increased monthly pension / pension fund
- Variable pay
- Overtime hourly rate
- Duty Manager (on call) pay
- VRTIP and severance payouts
- Banked vacation and banked overtime payouts
- Accrued vacation payouts on departure from the Company
- Share ownership program contributions and company match
- Maternity and Adoption Leave top-ups
- Long term disability leave pay
- Employee life insurance coverage
- Northern Retention Premium
Voluntary Departure Program: It is our understanding that the Company is currently assessing the Enhanced VRTIP applications.
Variable Pay / Achievement Incentive Plan (AIP): If your AIP payout was reduced due to your individual performance, we’d like to hear from you. Please click here or call the TEAM office: 204-984-9470.
Free Tickets to Fundraising Concert: A member has donated two tickets to the March 22, 2018 Make Poverty History Fundraiser concert in Winnipeg. Appearing will be Ridley Bent, Jess Reimer, Tara Williamson, and Kelly Bado. The evening will be hosted by Winnipeg comedian and CBC Radio performer, Lara Rae. If you wish to be entered into the draw for the tickets, click here.
Union-Bell Negotiations: IBEW and BellMTS have reached a tentative three-year Collective Agreement. The annual pay increases are 1.5%, 2%, and 2%, commencing January 2018. Also, outside of Manitoba four-year Agreements were reached between Bell Canada and Unifor in Ontario, Quebec, and Atlantic Canada. The annual pay increases are 1.75%, 1.75%, 2%, and 2%.
TEAM-IFPTE Local 161
204-984-9470 or 1-877-984-9470