ARTICLE 7 - DEFINITIONS
Regular Full Time Employee – is an employee who works the basic weekly hours of work and whose employment is expected to continue indefinitely.
Regular Part Time Employee – is an employee who is required to work more than half the basic hours of work as set by the Company on a predetermined, regular, recurring basis, whose hours are not directly affected by daily or weekly service requirements or work load, and whose employment is expected to continue indefinitely. These employees are entitled to receive the same or pro-rated benefits of a Regular Full Time employee.
Term Employee – is an employee who works the basic weekly hours of work and who has been:
(1) Engaged to fill an existing or temporary vacancy in the regular staff; or
(2) Engaged for seasonal work; or
(3) Engaged normally for a limited period, with the definite understanding his/her employment is to terminate at the end of the period.
NOTE 1: Term employment may be terminated at any time due to a reduction of workload or completion of a project.
NOTE 2: Term employees will be given the opportunity to apply for regular employment, provided a vacancy exists within the classifications covered by this Agreement and provided he/she meets the qualification requirements of the vacancy.
Probationary Employee - is an employee engaged by the Company for a period of six (6) months to determine his/her suitability for engagement as a Regular Full Time or Regular Part Time employee. This period may only be extended by mutual agreement between the Company and the Union. Where a period of probation in excess of six (6) months has been established, the employee shall be notified of the length of probation.
Student Employee – is an employee who is enrolled in a college or university who may work during the summer months and/or academic year and may work less than the basic weekly hours of work.
The Net Credited Service Date is:
(1) for an employee hired directly into the TEAM bargaining unit, the most recent date of hire, adjusted for the number of days, months, or years of deductible absences, if any, in accordance with this Article 7.06.
(2) for an employee not hired directly into TEAM, the employee's net credited service date under the collective agreement which applied to the employee immediately before the employee's move into TEAM, adjusted for the number of days, months, or years of deductible absences occurring after the move into TEAM, if any, in accordance with this Article 7.06.
(3) Net Credited Service will not change for the following reasons:
a. Sick Leave (paid or unpaid);
b. Maternity, Paternity or Parental Leave (paid or unpaid);
c. Union Leave;
d. Layoff up to and including one hundred and eighty (180) days;
e. For each occurrence of an authorized Leave of Absence, up to and including thirty (30) days;
f. Company-initiated Leave of Absence;
g. Military Leave or for National Defense Purposes.
(4) The Net Credited Service Date may be revised to reflect periods of accumulated service (bridged) as per Corporate Policy 204.07 in force at the time of the signing of this Agreement.
Headquarters – the city, town, or village where an employee is regularly assigned to work.