To: TEAM-IFPTE Local 161 Members
From: Negotiating Committee
Date: March 16, 2010
Re: Negotiations Update
We exchanged proposals with the Company on February 24th and are negotiating today, March 16th, March 17th and March 18th.
Broadly speaking, the Company is looking for cost reductions; increased productivity; and flexibility. Our proposals seek pension protection; improved work/life balance and a healthy workplace; fair hiring and employment practices; and improved financial and health benefits.
Both TEAM and the Company hope to conclude this round of negotiations in a timely manner.
We will be seeking input from members throughout bargaining, starting with a brief survey within the coming week on work/life balance issues - hours of work, workload and overtime.
Your 2010 Negotiating Committee:
· Misty Hughes-Newman (President and IFPTE VP)
· Bob Linsdell (Executive Director)
· Ed Maxwell (2nd VP & Regional Representative)
· Sean Conway (Member-at-Large)
· Dee Gillies (IFPTE Representative)
· Subject matter experts as needed.
TEAM-IFPTE Local 161