To: TEAM-IFPTE Local 161 Members
From: TEAM Office
Date: May 9, 2014
Re: New and Noteworthy
From the Office
· The new Collective Agreement has been distributed. Please contact the office if you did not receive your copy. The online and downloadable pdf versions are available here.
· The February 9, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes and Reports have been posted.
· TEAM will attend the MTS AGM on May 13, 2014.
· The Compressed Work Week FAQ, Request Guide and Request Form are now online.
North American Occupational Safety and Health Week
The theme this year is "Make Safety a Habit!"
The Government of Canada protects workplace safety through legislation, programs and services designed to prevent accidents and injuries on the job:
· Workplace Safety - roles and responsibilities of employers and employees;
· The role of workplace health and safety committees and representatives;
· Prevention - how to protect yourself, what to do in the event of an accident and hazardous substances;
· Workers' Compensation - assistance provided to federal government employees in dealing with the hardships associated with work-related injuries and occupational illnesses; and
· Compliance policy - measures to ensure that employers and employees fulfil their duties, the role of health and safety officers, the appeals process, and the interpretation of policies and Operations Program Directives.
TEAM will be providing training to all members sitting on Health and Safety Committees throughout the coming year.
Defined Benefit Pension Plan Award Implementation
A joint communiqué will be released shortly.
Boeing to Pay $47 Million to “Make Whole” Employees Denied SPEEA-IFPTE Local 2001 Representation
“Boeing spent more than a decade and countless dollars trying to break its contract with these employees,” said Rich Plunkett, SPEEA Director of Strategic Development who worked the issue since its start. “It’s disappointing it took so long, but the employees prevailed.” read more…