Terms of Reference (draft)
January 20, 2009
The Pay and Benefits Committee is a standing Committee responsible for ensuring that adequate and appropriate benefits are in place and available to
1. Review, preserve and recommend enhancements to benefits for members.
2. Present recommendations to the Board for Approval.
3. Inform and educate membership on available benefits and how to access and receive benefits.
1. Develop Joint Benefit policy.
2. Blue Cross – re-opener, improvements and enhancements.
3. Provide regular reports to the TEAM Board on Joint Benefit Committee meetings.
4. Monitor, review and ensure benefits are in the best interest of the members.
The Committee shall:
· Have the authority to carry out all of its listed duties.
· Have the authority to select a Chair.
· Have the authority to present recommended changes to Pay and Benefits to the Board for approval.
· Have the authority to request support from a Subject Matter Expert when and where required in developing the recommendations to be presented to the Board.
· Have a budget of $0,000 for the Subject Matter Expert.
1. Meetings will be held at the TEAM office and called by the Chair or by any member through the Chair. Regular meeting dates are recommended.
2. Meetings during working hours shall be by release, meetings outside normal working hours shall be volunteer time.
3. The Chair will set the agenda with input from the Committee and ensure that meetings are scheduled.
4. Consensus will be the decision-making process.
5. Minutes to be taken by an assigned scribe (this role may alternate among Committee members).
6. Refreshments can be purchased for the meeting in an amount not exceeding $20 per month.
7. Lunch will be provided for day-long meetings.
8. Expenses will be reimbursed based on TEAM policies.
1. Reports will be delivered electronically to the Executive Director two weeks prior to each Board meeting for inclusion in the Board pre-meeting package.
2. Report production is mandatory. Reporting deadlines are negotiable if delays are unavoidable.
1. At a minimum:
· The TEAM President
· One Board member
· One staff member i.e. the Executive Director or as appointed by the ED.
2. The Committee shall be limited to, but not exceeding, 5 members.
3. Any member in good standing of the TEAM-IFPTE 161 is eligible to sit on the Committee.
4. A Subject Matter Expert may be invited to attend Committee meetings, should the Committee deem this to be necessary, provided any costs are within the authorized budget.
5. All members of the Committee are subject to Board approval.
6. Quorum requires at least 50% of the Committee be present in order to conduct the meeting. The Committee will only meet without quorum when exceptional circumstances exist (i.e. illness, bad weather, bereavement, etc.)
1. TEAM office space (pre-booking required), office equipment, internet access, and office supplies.
1. The Chair will be accountable to the Board for the Committee.
2. The Committee shall maintain meeting minutes.
3. All deliberations of the Committee, and all records, material and information pertaining to TEAM obtained by a member of the Committee shall be considered confidential. Committee members shall maintain the confidentiality of such deliberations, and shall safeguard such records, material and information from improper access.
4. Committee performance will be evaluated on met deadlines and deliverables.